Right, though I find it to be a suitable devils advocate to all of the Google dicksucking going on right now. Also, how many bloggers can claim to be published authors?
Anyway, I've been reading up on this shit like a madman. Something just doesnt add up at all
- Nokia's got a similar set of patents to Motorola, they've got the F/RANDLy patents (ones pertaining to communication mediums like 3G and radio) similar to Nokia, and Nokia only got a lump sum payment of $430M from Apple
- $12.5Billion is roughly what Google, the entire company, made in the last two years
- Motorola was threatening to start an "Android Civil War" by suing other Android manufacturers before this happened
- Motorola hasn't made profit in years, and the vast majority of their products and patents are for things that have absolutely no use to Google, including their set-top-box division, which produces set-tops strictly from 3rd party specifications. Other products, like telephones and two-way radios, dont even come close to being helpful to google, nor are they in large demand
- S&P has downgraded Google to "sell" on account of how fiscally unsound the deal is
- It's common to pay a couple billion just for patent licensing, and that would have been infinitely more helpful to Google since they wouldn't have all the baggage of a sagging, shitty company to deal with.
- We haven't heard word one
on this from Eric Schmidt
If you ask me? Motorola fucked'em. Motorola fucked them hard.
Unless Google can find a way to offload that Motorola business for some serious profit, or maybe even just liquidate most/all of it, they're fucked.
I wonder if they're going to enlist Mr.Kondik to work on Badahttp://www.betanews.com/joewilcox/artic ... 1313075608
Go look up videos of Bada 2.0 in youtube - it looks/sounds like a complete clone
of iOS/OSX on the basis of it being a BSD kernel with a pretty front end that was limited to only core-application multitasking with whatever single app is in the foreground, etc. It's like they just cant help but copy the ever lovin' shit outta Apple. Whatever, at least they make good products.